Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Taxis Sono Qui

I always feel like there should be some witty opening to these, but really I'm not that exciting. It was a typical rainy night tonight, so I procrastinated my grocery shopping, thus sacrificing having food to eat for breakfast tomorrow. Instead, I chose my time would be better spent doing laundry, writing a blog and listening to the Backstreet Boys. I'm sure a 12 year old girl somewhere in the world is doing the same thing.

Really though, I have nothing to say. I guess I have to make a trip to the hospital this week at some point, which may or may not happen before the aforementioned grocery shopping. Long story short, since I got out here, I've had these white spots develop on my stomach because of the sun, and now basically I have a ton of them all over my shoulders and arm. Basically I"m a hideous freak and should be exiled. They're more cosmetic than a reason to actually be concerned, and hopefully it's not a big deal. I'd take a picture and show what this looks like, but this is coming from the guy that has the generic black outline of a person for a profile picture on this blog.

There's a couple of cool things coming up in the next few weeks, but maybe I'll actually talk about them after they happen. This coming weekend is the second annual Piyapat apartment-led "Amazing Race" at Chatuchak. In case you're not from Bangkok, Chatuchak is:



Once only popular among wholesalers and traders, Chatuchak Weekend Market has reached a landmark status as a must-visit place for tourists. Its sheer size and diverse collections of merchandise will bring any seasoned shoppers to their knees – this is where you can literally shop ‘till you drop’.
The 35-acre (68-rai) area of Chatuchak is home to more than 8,000 market stalls. On a typical weekend, more than 200,000 visitors come here to sift through the goods on offer. Veteran shoppers would agree that just about everything is on sale here, although not all at the best bargain rates. But if you have one weekend in Bangkok, squeeze in a day trip to Chatuchak Weekend Market and you will not be disappointed.
So... it's pretty big I guess. I got lost a lot the last time I was there and got really sweaty.

Basically there's going a lot of people at the apartment that are going to lose to myself and Nat the Cat.

Actually let's be real here, Natalie and I are probably going to end up being the stereotypical Amazing Race young couple. We're going to be lost, probably in 9th or 10th place on the brink of elimination, unable to do the physical challenge or activity and I'm going to by the alpha-male douchebag boyfriend who is screaming at my girlfriend in public and embarrassing myself.

At least we might win best costume?



It rained so hard the other that my wall started leaking and I had a big puddle of water on my bedroom floor. It didn't leak through the window or anything, it actually soaked through the wall, like if I pressed on the wall it would expel more water.  I'm on the third floor of the apartment by the way.

Well, I've done a good job of having nothing to say. Hopefully J-shore is downloaded!

No comments:

Post a Comment